Sunday, March 1, 2009

#10: Rob Maurer - Star Rookie

Go to Wikipedia and type in "Rob Maurer." Go ahead, I'll give you a second.

Okay, so it suggests "ron master." Don't know who that is, but fine, I'll look. I'm guessing he was a local news anchor in Tulsa, or Boise, or some place like that. Just sounds like one of those names.

So I bite. Not only is there no "ron master," now it's suggesting "ron oester." At least it came around full circle to another baseball guy.

I had a whole Rob Maurer/Rob Morrow dual identity thing planned for this post, but it was going to be two scoops of awful. Perhaps one of the 690 cards left will give me a chance to work in a Marilyn from Northern Exposure reference. Too bad there weren't any really heavy, deadpan, Alaskan Indian women on any of the 1991 40-man rosters.

3 comments:

  1. "Too bad there weren't any really heavy, deadpan, Alaskan Indian women on any of the 1991 40-man rosters."

    Rich Garces comes pretty close. I know he was in the 1991 UD set, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what type of injury Maurer suffered? His AAA numbers declined in 1992 (but maybe consistent with better competition), he missed 1993, and saw a big drop-off in average when he returned to AAA in 1994.

    ReplyDelete